____________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________

Saturday, March 15, 2014

ISC!

Here is the song I submitted for International Songwriters Competition 2014 , "Marianne."
This originally was meant to be a poetic-ballad, no music, but after working on it for awhile I began to hear more and more the musicality of it.
Also, it was encouraged to submit an mp3 of the song as well so the judges can get a better feel of what the melody should be, but the singing/playing ability are not judged. I included the recording at the bottom.
Hope you enjoy!

Marianne

I
It was dark,
the moonlight shining down
like a spotlight on my pain.

She was there,
with purple ribbons in her hair,
she said don't look at me, I won't be real forever.

The candle fades, illuminates
her face, like a painting
that was left undone.

And I tried so hard,
to find her in the dark,
but I never had the hands, Marianne.

Chorus I:
Won't you save me from this fate,
the love I tried to hate,
killed me in the end, Marianne.

One day you'll understand,
I was never good enough,
we never had a chance, Marianne.

II
The ocean sounds, the waves are crashing
down the way they do,
the way they will forever.

Her voice was soft,
I hear her whisper in the dark,
she said don't look at me, I'm trying to hide.

Her silouhette left on the bed,
she tried to hide
but she won't leave my head.

So there I lie,
a broken glass in abandoned house,
waiting to be sand, waiting for a hand, Marianne.

Chorus II:
You try to tear out our page,
you've locked me in this cage
but I'm not looking for the key, Marianne.

Don't run into the dark,
you understood my heart,
that's why you'll always win, Marianne.

III
I close the blinds,
look for the mask that I use
when I'm tired of me.

The wind it beats,
against the hollow window pane,
my heart looking in a mirror.

She walks inside,
head bowed towards the floor,
she said don't look at me, I'm not what you're looking for.

She disappeared,
once again into the night,
she said love is blind that's why it never ends, Marianne.

Chorus I,II

1 comment:

  1. "I close the blinds,
    look for the mask that I use
    when I'm tired of me."

    My favorite.

    ReplyDelete