____________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________

Saturday, May 3, 2014

YOUR Limit

"It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, 'Always do what you're afraid to do'"----Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Self Reliance"

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."--A.A. Milne, "Wynie the Pooh"

        There's a point in any pursuit, be it physical, intellectual or emotional, where you reach your limit.  This is the point at which our perception tells us that we can go no further.  Our insecurities draw a line and tell us that we cannot move past this point

         Over the past couple of weeks I have considered this idea quite extensively, and have become more interested in my own limits.  I arrived at the question, how will I ever know myself completely unless I know what my limits are?  

         Unless I walk the tightrope along the outer edges of my abilities, how will I know what my abilities are?  I will have an idea, I'll know what my ability includes, but not all of it.

        What I've learned so far in this exploration is that the human body is stronger than we give it credit for, and the vast majority of us never even come close to our limits.

       So I implore you, run until you puke and then keep running. Read everything you can, while you can.  And be open emotionally to the infinite possibilities of life.  

        It's a process, and I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment